Saturday, July 09, 2005

Another Voice

Until I accidentally deleted it, my opening message was going to be about adding voices into the discussion of American life. About how there are just a few voices, media voices, that seem to be controlling the thinking of an entire country. And the need that I perceive for ordinary people to join the discussions of all aspects of life from: politics, the media, culture, education, religion, and philosophy. I was even going to include some lofty sentiment about the internet, and especially the "blogosphere", being a democratic place where our voices can be heard.

Really, though, that's all bunk. My motives and sentiments aren't particularly lofty at all. What I want is plain and simple. I want to sound-off on anything I like. And I want to encourage others to sound-off, too.

I will write, as the name of this blog indicates, on things that I see and hear. I will write my thoughts, and my opinions. I will be as fair as I know how, and show no quarter to foolishness. I encourage everyone who reads this blog to do the same.

I am adding another voice to the conversation. Some apathetic types believe that one more voice doesn't matter, can't make a difference. But Horton didn't believe that, and neither do I. Most importantly, it's my voice. Mine. That is what matters.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tenna said...

Let me be the first momwriter to say welcome to blogger!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home